I’m back! Yes, I realize I haven’t shared any recipes with you lately. But it’s summer, okay? I needed some time, some fun in the sun, some inspiration for my favorite season coming up; FALL. I’m already craving some PSL 🙂
Anyway, remember that Mini Banana Muffin recipe I shared back in February?
It’s so popular, that I decided to create a vegan recipe version! Say hello to: Mini Vegan Banana Nut Muffins (a low sugar recipe).
I’m so excited to share this delicious, vegan muffin recipe because:
- They are low in sugar
- They are low in calories (just 55 calories each!)
- They are super quick to prepare (no complicated equipment needed)
- They are great for storing in the freezer for later 🙂
Since I’m always traveling these days, I like stashing a few of these in my bag, since they don’t require refrigeration. It’s truly the best snack for people (who want to follow a plant-based diet) on-the-go.
Getting the ingredients and equipment to make this recipe is easy (you can grab these items on Amazon).
Shop the Specialty Ingredient List:
- Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
Shop the Equipment List:
- Mini muffin tin
- Large bowl
- Small bowls
- Scoop for the batter
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cups
- Rubber spatulas
One thing I successfully experimented with here was the egg replacer. Very easy to use and made these muffins better. I highly recommend purchasing this ingredient if you’re getting into vegan baking (which is much easier to do than you think!).
Another obvious thing you will need is a mini muffin tin. This one has yet to fail me, highly recommend it!
The walnuts, of course, are optional. But the nutritional information is based on including the walnuts in this recipe.
What are some of your favorite muffin recipes? Let me know in the comments!
There are affiliate links in this post, which means I may receive a little cash money if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Seasonly Creations.
Mini Vegan Banana Nut Muffins (Low Sugar Recipe)
Delicious mini vegan muffin recipe made with bananas, walnuts, whole wheat flour and other plant-based ingredients.
Serves: 45-50 mini muffins
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup Earth Balance, melted
- ⅓ cup Swerve
- ¼ cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar, set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk water and egg replacer together, set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Whisk Earth Balance and erithyrol together well in a medium bowl. Add egg replacer mixture, yogurt, almond milk mixture and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour wet mixture into flour mixture. Add bananas and walnuts and stir together until just combined.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and spoon the batter into each muffin cup, about ¾ full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing. Store leftovers in an airtight container or in the freezer.
Serving size: 1 mini muffin Calories: 55 Fat: 2.2g Carbohydrates: 9.7g Sugar: 1.7g Sodium: 34.8mg Fiber: 1.1g Protein: 1.4f