Valentine’s Day is a food holiday in our household. We don’t exchange gifts, cards or anything along those lines. Cuz it’s really all about the goodies 🙂 And there’s nothing better than a homemade Valentine’s Day Cookie Cake!
This Valentine’s Day dessert recipe is really the best of all worlds. First off, cookie + cake = love. So there’s that 🙂 Seriously though, maybe your partner likes cookies and you like cake. Presto! Compromise with this cookie cake.
It’s also the perfect size for a couple to share, with leftovers. But not an overwhelming amount of leftovers. But definitely enough to say “hey! let’s do this Valentine’s thing again!”
The only downside to this cookie cake recipe is how difficult it can be for one to restrain oneself (me being Mrs. Oneself in chief). My suggestion for you is to cut you and your partner’s slice of cookie cake and hide the rest until at least 24 hours has passed. No guarantees but this may prevent you and your partner from turning into temporary cookie monsters. Not attractive.
This will be one of the more straight forward Valentine’s Day baking recipes you come across. It’s basically a giant cookie baked in a pie dish. You’ll start by creaming the butter and sugar together. I choose to use brown sugar in this recipe (instead of a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar) because it holds more moisture, which helps ensure we don’t end up with a dry cookie cake. #CookiesAndMilkCanOnlyDoSoMuch
Then you’ll add the flour mixture and beat only until everything is combined (more detail in the instructions below). When it’s time to add the M&M’s®, be sure to stir them in. Don’t beat them in; you’ll end up crushing many of them.
Once you’re oven in preheated, add the dough to your greased pie dish. You’ll want to smooth out the dough using a rubber spatula so the dough is evenly distributed. While the cookie cake is baking, use the time to make the frosting. Be sure the cookie cake is completely cooled before adding frosting.
What will you be baking for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments!
P.S -Did you enjoy this recipe and post? Sign up for my FREE newsletter, where I share even more baking recipes and tips you can use in the kitchen.
Valentine's Day Cookie Cake
Soft and chewy cookie cake, perfect Valentine's Day dessert! Baked in a pie dish with a sprinkle of festive M&M’s®.
Author: Nicole Cline
Serves: One cookie cake
For the Cookie Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Milk Chocolate M&M’s®
For the Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
For the Cookie Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9.5 inch pie dish, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together on medium to high speed until creamy, about two minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add the second half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in Milk Chocolate M&M’s®.
- Add dough to greased pie dish and using a rubber spatula, press the dough out to the sides so that it is evenly distributed. Bake 25-30 minutes, until the center is set. Allow cookie cake to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Beat butter and vanilla on medium speed until creamy.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and beat on low to medium speed. Once sugar is fully incorporated, beat on high speed while adding the heavy cream. Keep on high speed until the frosting is light and fluffy, about two to three minutes. Frost cookie cake as desired.
You can use shortening to grease your pie dish.